Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry e-mail issue

Hello:
    Sort of inherited administration of our server. Running SBS 2003 premium. My problem is in-house e-mail. If e-mail is sent from the office to an external e-mail address all works fine, if e-mail is sent from an in-house address to an in-house address all works fine. Problem comes in with our Blackberry users. If they are out of the office and we attempt to send them an e-mail, the server apparently know that there no need to send the e-mail externally and simply transfers it locally. Since the e-mail is never sent to our web host e-mail server, the Blackberry receipent never gets it. Since many companies use Blackberries, I assume there must be a way to set up exchange so that a copy can be sent to the web host e-mail server. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Blackberry e-mail issue

So it sounds like you don't have a Blackberry server. Here's the poor man's Blackberry server:

1. Create contacts in AD for the email addresses of each Blackberry.

2. Configure the Delivery options on each user object in AD to forward a copy of the email to the contact created for each user's BB.

Note that this does not give you any type of two way synching, no calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. It just sends a copy of the email to the users BB.

Comment

I also use it this way. The only issue I have ever encountered is with the Blackberry providers email limits. They don't allow attachments larger than 6MB but our system does, so the email makes it into the company but not to the Blackberry phone.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Sounds like a workable solution. Thanks again !!

Comment

Originally posted by Strtline View Post
          Thanks for the help. Sounds like a workable solution. Thanks again !!
          We did this for a while and it worked ok for the couple users that we had then we switched to BES. BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) makes life so much easier though. But, I understand the limited availability of funds with which procure things.

Comment

Working...
          X