Duplicate responses to ping with NLB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate responses to ping with NLB?

I've got an NLB cluster for my OWA boxes (Ex 2003). There are two boxes in the cluster. When we ping the cluster IP from a Linux box internally, we get duplicate responses.

That doesn't seem right. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Re: Duplicate responses to ping with NLB?

What do you mean by duplicate response?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

i'm guessing it replies with !DUP! or something like that.. i've seen linux do this

it could be because both servers are responding ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How are they connected? switch/hub ?
        I'm guessing this error is fine.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

There are a bug with AMD dual core processors, in what ping became totally crazy. Are you using AMD dual core in any machine? Both cluster and client machines can do this behavior. In this case, you need to apdate the processor's driver.

Comment

So, the Unix admin opens up a terminal and types pings the cluster IP. He get's back several lines. At the end, it says

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, +3 duplicates, 0% packet loss, time 1998ms
            rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.385/0.810/1.324/0.382 ms
            Both boxes are connected to switches and I believe it is trunked, though I'd need to verify with the network admin.

To answer equintao, the Unix admin is using a box with an Intel processor.

Is looking at the iis logs the only way to verify that traffic is hitting both boxes (and trading off)?

Comment

Working...
            X