Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with exchange server 2003 send/recieve external email

Hi all

i need help with configuring my exchange server 2003 to send and receive external emails

I have an active directory with the domain : abdu.com
    not registered on the internet , i made it in my company

also i have another servers : 2 Isa server , 1 exchange and 1 web server

long time ago i configured my exchange to send external emails but now i have difficulties in doing that
    internal email is working properly ,

hope to hear from you soon , I have searched the site and other sites but with no result ,

Re: help with exchange server 2003 send/recieve external email

Can you Exchange server telnet out to maila.microsoft.com on port 25?
    Have you setup a recipient policy for your valid internet domain name and have you setup MX records for it? If it isn't registered on the internet then you will not be able to receive email from external sources.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Check this post URLs REMOVED BY MOD it will help you configure your exchange server to send and recieve external emails URLs REMOVED BY MOD

Regards
      URLs REMOVED BY MOD
      Last edited by biggles77; 27th April 2009, 16:35. Reason: Remove URLs pointing to rmostafa's blog site

Comment

abdu, you're having trouble sending external emails if I understand your post correctly ?

Based on what you've told us, I completely expect that you are not receiving incoming emails, and the only way to resolve that would be to register an actual internet domain.

However, with your outgoing emails, could you help us troubleshoot this a little bit ?
        Do you have any particular error messages ? How do you know the email is not sending externally ?

If oyu look under ESM > Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Servers > Server Name > Queues
        Is there a large number of messages in the queues at all ?

What about if you check your message tracking logs, does that tell you what's happening with your messages ?

By far the most likely issue is your outbound mail is not sending correctly, and because the return address is abdu.com which doesn't existin in the internet world, you aren't even getting a return email to tell you where your emails are going and why they aren't being delivered.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X