Messages keep returning after deletion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages keep returning after deletion

Hi, Got a strange issue here which appears to be getting worse. I've got a 50 user network running Windows 2003 Server (Terminal Services) and a separate Exchange 2003 server. The mail client is Outlook 2003 and we're not using cached exchange mode or PST files. The problem we're encountering is that deleted emails are returning to the users inbox, when the emails show up again they sometimes turn up with additional items that the user has never seen before. We did have this problem with two users, now a third has come to me about this. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks B

Re: Messages keep returning after deletion

Sounds very likely there is a third party product at play here. What do you have at the client and server ends with regards to AV, AS, archiving etc?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The only other email related software installed is Trend Micro WFBS and GFI Mail Essentials.

Comment

Can you try with them both removed at all. Deleted items can be "restored" via archiving software so I'm thinking along that line.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

Hi,

It's unfortunately impossible for us to disable either piece of software as they're both integral to the network security.

GFI doesn't have any real interaction with the Information Store, only the SMTP service, as for Trend - who knows!

Comment

Well they would be my first choice.

Failing that, can you check the headers of the emails to see if they are showing anything different. Anything in the event logs of Exchange, diagnostic logging too? Anything in the event logs on the clients? Any Outlook plugins?
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Worry-Full Business Security does definitely do some funny things.. although I question how it might do this.. GFI mail essentials may have caused it ?
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X