No announcement yet.

To find the location of email sender (private Ip address)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To find the location of email sender (private Ip address)

Hi all i am using Exchange server 2003 , and i am able to send and recieve emails noramally .but the issue is that
    few days back my boss recieved a email from unknow sender (its a wrong id )

I found the ip header of that Email and when i checked that IP in "" website to trace that sender . but that sites shows me that Its a Private ip.

Now the finalll issue is that i want to know the locaiton of that Private IP , so is there any way so that i can check the location( from the private ip ) .
    If have any links to check the location pleasce send me that also .
    Thanks in advance

Re: To find the location of email sender (private Ip address)

Can you post the edited headers of the email? If you mean "private IP" as something within the private IP scopes then that is no use to you. If you mean private IP as the response from the site was this has a private/hidden owner etc then can you post more about what was found.

I would have to say at this point as well, please hide and obscure any identifiable information. This site has no way of knowing if the email was intentional or even spoofed from elsewhere. If you don't know how to do that then please PM me with the information and I will edit it before posting.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?