Gal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gal?

I have some vendor contacts I want to share company wide. What is the appropriate way to do this? I tried the GAL but was denied access which made me think there was a more appropriate way of giving everyone access. I would like to avoid the shared contacts route in order to avoid explaining how to get to the vendor contacts to the less savvy users.

Thanks for any advice,
    Robert

Re: Gal?

The only way I know of to do this is to make an AD account for each of your contacts, and in the exchange properties set the email to whatever email you want people to see. I assume you are talking about email contacts. They will show up in the GAL that way.

Anyway that is a bit of a security problem but if you are careful with it, it will work with no problems. (Obviously you should disable the account and set the password to something completely horrendous haha). If there is a better way to do that, then it is beyond my pitiful knowledge level. =)
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

No, you can create a contact in AD, you don't need to create a user account. A Contact is a mail enabled external recipient.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        No, you can create a contact in AD, you don't need to create a user account. A Contact is a mail enabled external recipient.
        Oh hey look at that! Joeqwerty teaches me yet again!
        Two things:
        1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
        2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

LOL. It's your turn next. I'm keeping a tally.

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X