Exchang email & web hosting w/ Go Daddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchang email & web hosting w/ Go Daddy

I have a SBS2003 SP2. I set up a domain with Go Daddy which I will call "mydomain.net". The public IP address of our server is 12.345.678.123. I configured DNS records as follows:

A Records (Host, Points to, TTL)
    @, 12.345.678.123, 1 Hour
    mail, 12.345.678.123, 1 Hour

MX Records (Priority, Host, Goes To, TTL)
    10, mail, mail, 1 Hour

CNAMES (Host, Points To, TTL)
    owa, mail.mydomain.net, 1 Hour
    all other CNAMES = xxx, @, 1 Hour

All of this works OK. Now, the problem:

I also purchased Web Site hosting through Go Daddy and wanted to set up a web site for our company. I started by setting up a starter page and went to publish said page. In doing this, the A record automatically changed from
    @, 12.345.678.123, 1 Hour TO @, 98.765.432.987, 1 Hour (an address from Go Dadddy who is hosting the web site). This seemed to make sense, since they were doing the web site hosting. CNAME www was pointing to @, so I thought I would be good to go.

I could now access the website, but I could no longer receive any external emails. Internal emails and external outgoing emails seem to work OK.

I am sure there is some simple DNS or server setting to adjust, but I cannot figure it out. Go Daddy doesn't seem to be able, or willing, to help. I am new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Re: Exchang email & web hosting w/ Go Daddy

PM me your actual domain and I will take a look.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: Exchang email & web hosting w/ Go Daddy

I got your PM.
      I just checked it out. You do not have any MX records or even a website.

Your www and @ are both pointing to your SBS server

make sure you are editing the DNS of
      ns33.xxxxxxxxxx.com
      and
      ns34.xxxxxxxxxxx.com

those are specified under your domain registration
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
      X