No announcement yet.

Relay not permitted

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay not permitted

Exchange2003 , some of the users when send external e-mail gets this error

1.There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipients email server,please contact ur sys admin < 5.5.0 smtp;550 relay not permitted>

2> same as 1 and X.X.X.X is currently not permitted / X.X.X.X:28345 is currently not permitted to relay.

Our server is not blacklisted and i am sure we are not blocked by other domains.
    Please help

Re: Relay not permitted

Is the IP address listed yours? It could be an internal blacklist.
    If it is only happening to some domains then it could be that they have been misconfigured.

You need to see if there is a pattern.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Thank you for reply. Its very strange and i found out its the workstation which is causing this problem. If user send e-mail via OWA it works fine but when using outlook it gives error for some of domains "relay not permitted".
      I have uninstall and reinstall outlook but no luck.
      I will update thread if i found anything ....if you know quick fix please let me know

Seems like few of computer in network have this problem. Those users can't send e-mail to random users

Found out that even replacing workstation didn't work. Any help will be appriciated

Do the affected users use Outlook in Exchange mode or do they use Outlook in POP or IMAP modes to connect to Exchange?