Resvc will not start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resvc will not start

I have a Windows 2003 SBS Standard box which I was having numerous issues with, I am too the point where I am ready to wipe this damn box! The previous IT Consultant has hosed about everything in my clients environment. My client can't afford the rebuild right now but maybe in the future.

Anyways for now, I was having issues with Symantec BackupExec installation so I called Symantec BackupExec and they walked me through a manual uninstall, including removal of registry key's etc.

Well now, my Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine will not start. In fact it was set to manual. I set it back to automatic and try to start the service but get the message "Error 3 the system cannot find the path specfied"

The path listed is C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe

The file exists so not to sure wtf is going on, but I know it has to be related to that manual uninstall of BackupExec through the registry
    Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: Resvc will not start

Without knowing what was removed or changed with the manual removal it is hard to pin point what may have changed. From a search it looks likely there are issues with the IIS metabase maybe?

Have you seen this?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841576
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Without knowing what was removed or changed with the manual removal it is hard to pin point what may have changed. From a search it looks likely there are issues with the IIS metabase maybe?

Have you seen this?
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841576
      Yea I read that article, would maybe a reinstall of just SP2 resolve?

Comment

It may not harm to try (after a backup), I've also chosen the re-install of Exchange from Add/Remove before as well. Did you try anything in that KB?
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

It may not harm to try (after a backup), I've also chosen the re-install of Exchange from Add/Remove before as well. Did you try anything in that KB?
          I don't have a recent backup of the IIS metadatabase, the whole cause of this was many many issues with BackupExec which I had to remove via the registry which I think is what triggered my problem.

I will try the SP2 install first and see what happens. If not, will I lose any settings doing a re-install?

Comment

Well reinstall of SP2 did NOT resolve my issue

Comment

I dont see the ability to do a reinstall of Exchange from Add/Remove programs. (This is a SBS 2003 box) If i did a reinstall would I lose anything?

Comment

Not sure about SBS but Exchange does offer a reinstall option in Add/Remove programs.
                cheers
                Andy

Comment

Working...
                X