Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007

I have an issue with a user not being able to connect to Exchange 2003 in the morning when he comes in to work. He is able to VPN in from home and connect just fine, but after about 30 minutes it disconnects from exchange. He is able to navigate the network, but outlook will not connect. We have tried to do re-starts, but this does not work. I did a Microsoft Office repair and suddenly it connected, but this time it did not work. I turned off UAC on the Vista machine and suddenly the XP machine and Vista connected and synced up. Anyone have any idea of what is going on? When he is not able to connect thru Outlook he can access his e-mail thru OWA. WHY???? If anybody can help solve this issue it would be greatly appreciated. You may contact me at [email protected] if you need more info.

Thank you!

Re: Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007

Anything in the event logs on the Exchange server? E.g. MSExchangeIS errors. It's not uncommon to get MAPI session limit exceeded on VPN connections.

Certainly need more information than you've provided though.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Nothing in the Event logs. It will not connect when "plugged in". He does not have a problem being connected via the VPN in the evenings. It seems only to happen when he shuts down and comes into work. Let me know what other info you need.

Thank you,

Comment

I took a little more time to review the event logs and this is what I found that would match the time line of the inability to connect.

Mapi session "/o =MINDSEYEG/ou= first administrative group/cn= Recipients/cn = Greg" exceed the maximum of 32 objects of the "session"

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

As I thought, the connection is bouncing up and down and everytime it reconnects it creates a new session till the limit is reached.

You can edit the registry to increase the session limit, and it may also be worth turning off TCP/IP Chimneying. It's part of SNP and I've had some success with this error by turning it off. I think the command is Netsh int ip set chimney disabled to turn it off without a reboot being required.

This MS KB article should help as well.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X