Exchange, OWA and pop server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange, OWA and pop server

I have installed a ex2003 box and am slowly migrating my users to use it. Untill all the users have been migrated, each outlook installation has 2 mail accounts, the exchange one and a pop account. Mail comes into the company to the pop server and is collected by the outlook clients and delivered to the exchange mailbox. This works ok but any mail delivered to the pop server will not be visable in the OWA untill the client on the desktop has poped the pop server. This means anyone using OWA from outside the company wont see any new mail.

Is it possible to set up the exchange box as the initial recipient of ALL emails that come in, any that match up to a created exchange account will be delivered to the exchange box, but any mail that doesn't have a match can be forwarded to the POP server. This would then allow external OWA users to see all existing and NEW mail.

Thx
    ________
    Honda RC148
    Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:42.

Its okay guys, i've sussed it. re point the email proxy on the firewall to the exchange box and put in the FQDN of the pop server in the alt delivery location in the smtp virtual server options.
    ________
    buy easy vape vaporizer
    Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:42.

Comment

Well done, and thanks for posting back with the solution. It is appreciated.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X