Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forensic for Exchange

Hello all,

Has anyone used this applicaiton to try and recover emails from the database?

"Forensic for Exchange is a tool that allows the user to search an exchange database for deleted email content that may reside in an inaccessible area, such as the white space area. FFE has the ability to perform keyword searching, which allows the user to look for mail data within in a certain criteria or pattern. FFE does not rely on database indexes, mailbox Idís or any database related function but rather scans at a byte level. It does not matter if the database is corrupted, missing data, users migrated to another server, or the whole database has been migrated to another server. FFE will still find deleted mail data. Please keep in mind that FFE is a discovery tool, not a recovery tool."

Re: Forensic for Exchange

Originally posted by mlafrance View Post
    Hello all,

Has anyone used this applicaiton to try and recover emails from the database?

"Forensic for Exchange is a tool that allows the user to search an exchange database for deleted email content that may reside in an inaccessible area, such as the white space area. FFE has the ability to perform keyword searching, which allows the user to look for mail data within in a certain criteria or pattern. FFE does not rely on database indexes, mailbox Idís or any database related function but rather scans at a byte level. It does not matter if the database is corrupted, missing data, users migrated to another server, or the whole database has been migrated to another server. FFE will still find deleted mail data. Please keep in mind that FFE is a discovery tool, not a recovery tool."
    No. Are you aware of the 'recover deleted items' feature of exchange?

Comment

Well aware but thank you. I need to go back well over a year. I am searching for away to purchase this application

Comment

Not seen that software either and the website that looks like the company in question looks a little poor as well.
        What are you specifically looking for in the database? We use the quest tools for recovery and so far they have been excellent.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hello Andy,

I have a copy of the .EDB & .STM files and need a tool that will allow me to search for deleted emails from one year ago. I will look into Quest now, thanks...

-Michael

Comment

1 year ago will probably mean nothing is there I would suspect. I don't suppose you had journalling running? I'm going to imagine that the Quest tools are only good for living emails.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X