Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem sending mail with BCC (and without "To")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem sending mail with BCC (and without "To")

Hi, my Exch 2003 SP2 server is making me crazy

When I send a mail (Outlook or OWA same problem) to people into "BCC" field but with blank "To" field, people receive the mail as I sent it without BCC (they can see to who I sent the mail - if there are from the same domain - as gmail for example).

Anyone knows something about this problem ?

Thank you for helping,

Re: Problem sending mail with BCC (and without "To&quot

The BCC is called Black Carbon Copy

Try this when u send some one an email with somebody in To Field and someone in BCC field and your self (just for a test) in cc field or to filed you will find in message header that their is no mention about BCC user.

If you are trying to send msg on behalf of some one provided u have the rights then u need to put email address in From field otherwise it will take ur email address as reply from email address or in simple words from address

It's not the problem. This is how it works.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

I thought it was Blind Carbon Copy?

hasdou, is there anything special with your setup? I can send a bcc: message without a to: recipient and don't see who it went to.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

It is "Blind Carbon Copy"

I am sur the problem is in the exchange server :

1) I disabled all my Anti Viruses/fw intelligent protections/Anti Spywares ... -> same problem
        2) I bypassed (only) my exchange server (I configures Outlook with my SMTP server instead of my exchange server)-> no problem with bcc

Any idea ? Thank you for helping.

Comment

Not sure about the answer but disabling AV / AS is not sufficient to rule it out, it has to be un-installed to remove all of the connections it has with Exchange.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I just wanted to share with you the solution of our "BCC" sending mail problem.

After a lot of troubleshooting, we re-installed our mail relay server with only IIS SMTP component and everything starts to work fine.

The reason we didn't do it before is because we stopped every spam, anti-virus options in the former server and the former server was configured only as mail relay (Symantec AV for SMTP Gateways). I guess stopped sometimes security applications still have some effects even stopped.

Thanks all for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X