Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messages getting stuck in SMTP directory lookup queue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Messages getting stuck in SMTP directory lookup queue

    Hello: Inherited the job of converting my companies email from pop3 at the web host to smtp at our exchange server. I am reasonably versed in computers but not well versed in email/exchange server. Went to web hosts web site and changed mx record so email is sent to our server. That seems to work fine. Problem is all mail is sitting in the smtp directory lookup queue. I assume I am missing some steps. Thanks for any help in advance.

  • #2
    Re: Messages getting stuck in SMTP directory lookup queue

    Have you created a NAT rule on your firewall that opens port 25 and pointed to your exchange server? Is DNS also configured correctly? Are you sending mail from Exchange or via a smarthost?

    * Verify that the global catalog server is available.
    * Verify that the Exchange servers have sufficient permissions.
    * Verify that the attributes of user object are correct.
    * Verify that the message archive location is valid if message archiving is enabled.
    * Verify that the mailbox store on the SMTP bridgehead server is mounted.
    * Verify whether this issue occurs when you send messages to a large distribution list.
    * Verify whether any third-party software is installed on the Exchange server.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Messages getting stuck in SMTP directory lookup queue

      Hello: Thanks for the reply. At this point I have not even attempted to send mail. We were using POP3 at out web host for mail. I changed the MX record at the web host to point to our server. After waiting for things to propagate, I used a person yahoo account to send some mail to myself at the company. The MX record changes did as expected, the mail was sent to our server. Problem is, its sitting in the awaiting directory lookup queue.

      Comment

      Working...
      X