Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure Outlook and Outlook Express to Connect to Exchange

Hi friends kindly help me

I have installed exchange server 2003 with default settings.Now i able to send and recieve mail using OWA.I need to configure outlook2003 or outlook express
    How can i configure to recieve and send mail through outlook through LAN connection.In services i found pop3 and some services are disabled by default.
    Which services must be started inorder to configure in outlook.

I have used my domain name as wins.com
    what will be pop3 and smtp address.

Thank u

Re: need help

Originally posted by senthilkumaar2020 View Post
    Hi friends kindly help me

I have installed exchange server 2003 with default settings.Now i able to send and recieve mail using OWA.I need to configure outlook2003 or outlook express
    How can i configure to recieve and send mail through outlook through LAN connection.In services i found pop3 and some services are disabled by default.
    Which services must be started inorder to configure in outlook.

I have used my domain name as wins.com
    what will be pop3 and smtp address.

Thank u
    You should be able to connect to to it now using Outlook and the local Mail settings. It connects via MAPI.

The wizard gives you a choice to connect to an Exchange server. Choose that option. You then put the name of the Exchange server in the Server Name box and then the name of the mailbox recipient.

Give it a go and follow the wizard. Post back if you are unsure.

As you are using Exchange, I would stick to Outlook and not use Pop 3.

Comment

Re: Configure Outlook and Outlook Express to Connect to Exchange

It is possible to configure Outlook Express to talk to Exchange using IMAP/POP3 and authentication on the SMTP connector but thats not a MAPI client. As already suggested Outlook is the best way forward. Additionally you do not need to start the POP3 or IMAP services unless you are using a MIME client like Outlook express.

Comment

Working...
      X