Reject email to Conference Room account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reject email to Conference Room account

I know there's a way to prevent people emailing a Resource like a Conference Room in the "To" field, I did it at my previous job but can't remember now. It would still allow you to schedule the room by putting the room in as a Resource but the user would get some type of NDR message if it was direct addressed.

Any know?

Re: Reject email to Conference Room account

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
    I know there's a way to prevent people emailing a Resource like a Conference Room in the "To" field, I did it at my previous job but can't remember now. It would still allow you to schedule the room by putting the room in as a Resource but the user would get some type of NDR message if it was direct addressed.

Any know?
    I'm not an expert with this, but did you set it to be hidden from the 'address list' by any chance? Does that ring any bells? That would mean users would need to know the precise address to send to it.

Comment

... but then you wouldn't be able to see the conference room to book it would you ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

They were still in the address list, I think it was some weird permission setting, but can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
          They were still in the address list, I think it was some weird permission setting, but can't remember.
          Have you looked at the advanced properties of the object? There may be a security setting you recognise these.

In AD Users and Computers (off the top of my head - I think)

View, Advanced Settings.

You then have a 'security' tab when looking at AD objects properties.

Comment

Working...
          X