X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA, OMA, and active Sync with SSL

Hi Guys,

I am having a few issues with Exchange 2003

Previously, we did not have SSL turned on with OWA. Once I turned it on and turned on Form based auth, users are able to go to

http://serverblah.com/exchange

it will let them login, but will not show the page complete [dead images etc.]

however when going to

https://serverblah.com/exchange

it works the way it should.

Is there a configuration setting i am missing? Looking at the settings over and over again, things look right.

Also, once we turned on SSL, as expected users' personal blackberry [NOT BES] are unable to connect. For my personal blackberry, i was able to go to my provider's BIS account, and manually configure the information. It then worked properly. Is there a way to setup exchange to allow auto-discovery, so auto configuration will work again?

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks in advance,

-Rob

Re: OWA, OMA, and active Sync with SSL

Do you have an ISA server?

Dead images etc can mean you have different patch levels between front and back end Exchange servers so I would make sure everything is up to date on them all.

Have you tried with a newly created account?

Is the cert publicly purchased?

How do the blackberries connect? I thought without a BES you had to get email forwarded and that it would have no care about the OWA publishing? I haven't used BIS so not sure how that is different though.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

The problem is, we are using 2003 SBS, so we do not have a FE and a BE exchange server.

the blackberries allow you to just input the e-mail address, username and password, and it will try to find the settings itself. However, with SSL this is not possible. With a specified BIS account, you can go in to a web control panel provider by the provider [i.e. att, t-mobile] and manually enter the information. However, If possible, is there a way to add the auto discovery back again?

Thanks,
      Rob

Comment

Anyone else have any thoughts, I don't know how the BIS side of things works.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X