Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create multiple domains on 2003 server

Hello Everyone.

I would like to be able to create a multiple domains on my windows server 2003. I have installed DC and one domain name. When I try to add another domain name the wizard will not allow it. the only option that I have is to remove the active directory.

Here is my server info
    Windows 2003 enterprise sp2
    exchange 2003
    DC with GC
    IIS 6.0
    one domain name xxx1.com (dns,mx,and etc hosted by a 3rd party company)

everything working fine with the setting above. I have no problem to receive and send email or logon into the domain from any other computer.

Now I want to be able to add more domain name to my server so I can host more email accounts on my exchange with another domain name.
    I want and bought another domain name and point it to my server.
    ping my domain name the server reply back - so the pointing is ok.

I ran the following program from the run dcpromo and the active directory installation wizard start. Then when I click next it tell me that this DC is a GC server I click ok and the next screen is remove active directory, I do not want to remove the active directory I want to add a domain to it.

I will appreciate any idea that you might have
    Thank you
    Elinoy

Re: create multiple domains on 2003 server

Of course you can't have multiple AD domains with a single DC.
    If you want to add an additional AD domain you need to buy a new server and install it as a new DC for a new domain.
    However, I'm questioning myself if you really need it ....
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

You don't need multiple AD domains to host email for multiple email domains. You need to point the MX records for the email domains to your Exchange server and create Recipient Policies for the email domains.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        You don't need multiple AD domains to host email for multiple email domains. You need to point the MX records for the email domains to your Exchange server and create Recipient Policies for the email domains.
        Ok I did it. Thanks
        Last edited by elinoy; 5th March 2009, 19:05.

Comment

Working...
        X