Exchange Infrastructure Design Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Infrastructure Design Advice

Here it is what i want to do, we have four sites, two of them in a country in different cities, and the other two in a different country, right now all sites connected with others via site to site vpns (using ASA cisco devices), each site have its own domain, for instance site A have ABC.com domain site B have XYZ.com domain, and so on. our current exchange design is internal exchange at every site, and each dns have record for the others so any internal user can send mail to internal user at another site and vice versa, what we want to establish now is creating one mail account for user to use inside and outside, my main question for you is, do you think i should set just one mail server for all sites ? or i have to keep four mail servers at four sites and all of them being configured for external access, also what if i want all users have the same domain at there mail boxes like what if i want all employees have mails like [email protected], am i should let this mail server join one of domains or not? please try to help me out to set a good design, thanks.
    m.emam
    mcsa mcse

Re: Exchange Infrastructure Design Advice

your very confused, email domains and windows domains have nothing to do with each other.

Not to be a dick but you really need to do some research, your question is all over the place .

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=233

Comment

Thanks so much.
      m.emam
      mcsa mcse

Comment

What AD version are you running? Generally, as your Exchange organisation already allows communication internally, I would have thought you should be able to have one server receive the emails and it will route to the appropriate mailboxes. That way, your MX record would point to an external IP of yours, where a rule is then set on your firewall device to route the traffic to the Exchange server. You may need to setup a recipient policy depending on your current domain policy.

This is my opinion though. Others my know a better way of achieving this.

Comment

Actually you helped me wonderfully thanks so much, i thought of this thing within last days, the only point which annoyed me is this front end server will be a central point of failure, also if i gonna register more than one domain with my desired name i have to make them all assigned to this front end server with MX records, anyway thanks so much again man.
          m.emam
          mcsa mcse

Comment

Originally posted by XP_2600 View Post
            Actually you helped me wonderfully thanks so much, i thought of this thing within last days, the only point which annoyed me is this front end server will be a central point of failure, also if i gonna register more than one domain with my desired name i have to make them all assigned to this front end server with MX records, anyway thanks so much again man.
            See if you can create more than 1 record with different priorities. That way you could perhaps have another Front end server at another site as well, should the primary be down.

I use a firewall rule to route emails to the internal server and not a specific fron end server but it is a good idea to have a front end server, if budget allows.

Comment

Working...
            X