Where else to setup rules to have emails go to a group of people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where else to setup rules to have emails go to a group of people

I've always used distribution groups to setup an external email address that customers can send an email to and that email will be sent to multiple people within the organization.

Now, my boss currently has emails sent to [email protected] sent to him. He asked me to have these emails sent to his secretary as well. But when I jumped onto the server, there is no distribution group for [email protected]. And when I try to create the distribution group, heres the error I get when trying to set the email address:

Is there someone where in Exchange System Manager that this may be setup?

Re: Where else to setup rules to have emails go to a group of people

Have you searched in AD for a user object called info or information? You will probably find that has an email assigned to it. You can then set forwarding options on the properties of the AD user object for info a set appropriate permissions. Does your boss and the secretary want to reply to the emails on behalf of information or just follow up directly using their own mailbox?

Comment

When they reply, they want the "From" to show their actual email, not info.

Comment

I see. You just need to configure forwaring options then to their mailboxes. However, with doing so, make sure that they both won't respond to an email. Also, you need to decide whether you still keep a copy in the info mailbox or not.

You could also remove the information mailbox and assign the info email direct to another mailbox but then only one user will receive it.

Comment

Thx for your help! I figured it out.

Comment

No problem. Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X