Forwarding mail from exchange 2000 to 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding mail from exchange 2000 to 2003

Incoming mail is delivered to an exchange 2000 server, we have just added a second exchange server running exchange 2003, but any incoming mail addressed to someone on the 2003 server gets bounced as undeliverable by the 2000 server.

the ad domain is the same as our mail domain but we do not host the dns for the domain, yes very bad set up we know but done before our time. Is this the cause or is it a config problem.

Re: Forwarding mail from exchange 2000 to 2003

Do all emails still route through the same way as before? It sounds as if the Exchange 2000 machine doesn't have a routing connector setup to the Exchange 2003 machine or can't connect to it.

Comment

I have not changed any routing. except to add the 2003 server to the smtp default server under protocols on the 2000 server as the deliver here if not found bit.

Do i need a connector between the 2 servers setting up and if so how is it done please?

Comment

[quote=Malvarlin;151424]I have not changed any routing. except to add the 2003 server to the smtp default server under protocols on the 2000 server as the deliver here if not found bit. /quote]

remove that, and no conector is needed.

Mail comes into your 200 server, 2000 looks at the properties, if the user is on 2003 it will send the mail to 2003.

Run ExBPA, sounds like you propbably messed with something you were suppose to.

Comment

OK, removed that but still no joy

exbpa show nor problems (tried that one already, several times)

Comment

Working...
          X