Exchange 5.5 EventID 200 and 116

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 5.5 EventID 200 and 116

Oh joy of joys. I have inherited a customer with Exchange 5.5. They have been getting ESE97 errors for the past few months, eventIDs 200 and 116 (with a 1018 database error code) and have done nothing about them

I'm going to have to find an eseutil for 5.5 I suppose. Should I do an integrity test first or head straight over to the repair?

thanks

Dave

edit:
    hmmm - just been doing some reading, looks like I'd better do a recovery first, and yes I will do a backup first - not that it will be much use - this has been going on for a couple of months, even so I will take a copy first.

hi pal

Take a look in the following link to fix the problem http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q262196
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

hehe - it got worse as I knew it would. Two drives in an array failed and the resulting rebuilt array had a few problems integrity wise. Got W2K up and running after copied the registry hives from backup, then restored system state and drive C ok. Information store won't start. Have just completed an eseutil /p and then a /d and another drive failed. Copied the edb files to a workstation and am rebuilding the drive. I suppose it makes life interesting

Comment

thanks for sharing us the information
        btw which array was it? two disks failed in the same time ?
        Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
        HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
        the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

It's an Acer Altos R700 with LSI MegaRAID - gotta be worried with something called Mega anything! Not my choice, I'm just here to fix it.

Anyway, rebuilt the drive and ran isinteg with all tests until all fixes were done and the store came up. Then the MTA decided that it was corrupt. So I got this back from an old backup and voila up she comes.
          Just doing a backup now

Comment

Working...
          X