Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to create new mailbox on exchange 2003

hello!

I'm a newbie on exchange, I have this weird problem on my exchange server 2003, I already follow some threads in here, but still doesn't work on me
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=16206

ok here it goes:
    I have a windows exchange server 2003 on a windows 2003 server, newly created mailboxes does not appear in the mailbox store, Its been 2 weeks since the last time i created a usable mailbox, although it looks fine if i created a new domain users and add a mailbox using exchange features, I can also see a complete email address under email address tab, and newly created users can login to DC, but no email, and the only error on the exchange is that when I open the Domain tab in the RUS enterprise under recipient service in ESM has an error of ID No. 80004005 Exchange System Manager while domain tab in RUS standard looks fine

I already rebuild and update RUS and restarted my Exchange server, as it stated in the thread mention above. but still no luck for me.

DC and Exchange server are on a separate hardware.

I really appreciate the help, thanks in advance!

regards,
    Mhelvince
    Last edited by mhelvince; 19th February 2009, 16:22.

Re: Unable to create new mailbox on exchange 2003

With, generally, any Exchange problem the first things to check are DCDiag, Netdiag and the ExBPA (there is a link in the misc forum sticky for these and other things).

Can users not open outlook then, do you get an error? Anything in the event log, has the server been rebooted at all? Any AV installed? Can existing users log on correctly?
    New mailboxes don't show in ESM until they have received email. Can you see the accounts in the GAL?
    What specifically can you see in the email address tab? SMTP/X400 etc?
    There is also diagnostic logging that can be set on the properties of the server. Turning some of that up can help.
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...s-Logging.html
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

As you stated the domain rus is fine and thts why your accounts are being stamped correctly with a proxy but 80004005 on the enterprise rus is access denied.

In any case a little more info is needed such as what error do your users get when trying to login via outlook.

Comment

Domain users can successfully login to DC, even newly created users can, but no email, if I tried to login using OWA, only old users can login, where in I can see there e-mail add in the e-mail address tab in the active directory, and one more thing, newly created users cannot be view in GAL, since I tried to login through OWA using my old account, I can only view the old users, and I also notice that even I edit or delete the email add of old account, still it uses the original emails, and if I tried to send emails to the edited or newly created e-mails it immediately emails back a non delivery report.

Comment

Have you restarted the system attendant service and then rebuilt the RUS service?

Also, may be worth checking, compare the AD Security Permissions of a user object for new users compared with an old user account with working email.

To view those, you need to set AD to view Advanced Permissions. You can then look at the Properties of the User account and view the permissions under Security.
          Last edited by Virtual; 20th February 2009, 00:35.

Comment

I already restarted the system attendant service and then rebuilt the RUS service, and even restarted the Hardware itself. but still i encountered the same problem. I've also compare the permission of the working email and not, it its look the same, I also have the same error id besides from the browsing DC in RUS (Enterprise configuration), if I go to the properties of my exchange server in the directory access tab, and unchecked automatic discover servers, and the if i click the add tab this same error below appears:

The Operation Failed
            ID No. 80004005
            Exchange Sytem Manager

Comment

Have you ooked at the permissions using ExBPA. I believe it checks if any inheritance has been blocked etc. TonyRoZe mention that it is an access denied error, so may be permisons related.

Also, did you set the dagnostic logging as Any mentions below. Have you got any log files you can post for our perusal?
              Last edited by Virtual; 20th February 2009, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
              X