Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Exchange Servers - Messages only one way

Good afternoon all,

I have recently taken over a network that has a single Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I have also added a new one recently as a replacement for the existing one. Both servers can send to and from accounts located on the same server AOK. Mailboxes on the new server can send to mailboxes on the old server AOK. HOWEVER, mailboxes on the old server cannot send to mailboxes on the new server. These messages sit in the "Messages queued for deferred delivery" queue until they expire, thus sending an NDR message to the sender quoting "a configuration error in the email system caused the message to bounce between two servers" or "Could not deliver the message in the timeframe specified".

What I have done:-

1) setup a second routing group within ESM, added the new exchange server as a member of that routing group and created routing connectors on each routing group, selecting the other exchange server as the Remote Bridgehead.

2) Allowed any local server to route through each routing connector.

Any ideas? Ideally this old server is going to be removed, however it has to be a gradual process and not all in one hit (which would solve this issue....).

Thanks All.

-Adam.

Re: Two Exchange Servers - Messages only one way

Can you check the smtp virtual server for a smart host?
    What does message tracking say?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I have seen this before if the default permissions have been changed.
      Run ExBPA and see if it finds an Inheritance block, if it does re-enable inheritance.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the inheritance permission tip - Reset the permissions completely over the group to defaults, then set the ones I needed for Blackberry etc and this worked a treat.

Thanks for your help all of you.

Cheers!

Comment

w00t

Comment

Working...
          X