Configure send as permision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure send as permision

I have exchange 2003 with sp2 and would like to configure the send as permission. here is my situation. i have two users "user 1" and "user 2" I would like to configure user 2 to be able to open the user 1 mailbox -- has been done -- and also be able to send emails as user 1. I have tried the following: in active directory and on the user 2 object properties i have added the user 1 and gave him the send as permission. when trying to send a meesage as user 1 i get an error that i dont have permission to do so. please help me configure this the correct way. by the way i have also tried to adding user 2 with send as permission in the user 1 properties but still it did not work

thanks thomas

Re: Configure send as permision

That is the correct way.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.65).aspx

Assuming I have read this correctly though..

"in active directory and on the user 2 object properties i have added the user 1 and gave him the send as permission. when trying to send a meesage as user 1 i get an error that i dont have permission to do so"

You grant the send as rights on the mailbox you want to send as, so you would have to grant user 2 send as rights on the account of user 1 if you wanted user 2 to send as user 1. The way you have written it above is incorrect, but I guess that was a typo?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Configure send as permision

Just on another note and apologies for mentioning it, but I have found that giving 'send as' permissions to a user for another user's mailbox can make it difficult for disciplining an employee, should they send inappropriate emails and anything not adhering to the Acceptable Use Policy.

I configure 'Send on Behalf of' permission.

There is probably a good reason why you want to set 'Send as'. Thought I would mention this as I don't know your experience level.

Comment

Working...
      X