Can ESK3 server download e-mails from other Mail server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can ESK3 server download e-mails from other Mail server

Can Exchange server 2003 download e-mails from other Mail servers, like hotmail, yahoo or someothers... if we can configure this in Exchange server then we can set our external mails to divert to our internal mail server.. so that it will be accessible all the time. Plez help me... this is very importent in life.. i'm in search for this..
    Arun Raj

Only if they offer POP3 collection services (i think). Yahoo offers a POP collection service. You need the POP3 connector for this to work (extra charge unless you have Small business server).
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thankyou for the reply

Thankyou for your reply, so plez tell me where i can get more information abt this issue? From where should i create a POP3 connector? I have a SBS2003 with me, and now how can i configure this thing frm SBS?? Plez tell me or tell me the way how to reach there?
      Anyway thankyou for your valuable reply.
      Arun Raj.

Comment

Hi there

I'm sorry i don't run SBS and have only set it up once before. I can't remember where it is but im sure there are a few people who have on the forum, hopefully they will reply to this.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You need to install the connector through the SBS setup wizard, this is the only way I have found to do it.

It will then automatically create the connector, and reference it in Exchange Sysman. Here you can setup your POP account credentials and what you want to do with the mail once downloaded.

topper
          * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Thankyou

Actually i want all my mails frm my external email to come in to my internal exchange mail account. is it possible to do like that???? I think it is possible in Gmail to forward mails to our internal mail server(if it is available frm internet)...Thank you for your valuable reply..can you tell me frm where can i get more documentations abt this subject??

Arun

Comment

https://blogs.msdn.com/sbsdocsteam/a...15/257881.aspx

Simple google search will give you plenty of information to browse.

topper
              * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Thankyou tonyyeb and topper

Thankyou tonyyeb and topper to help me from this crisis situation. i'm almost done !! the link you gave me was up to the point. you both r really gr8 people. have a nice time. with prayers and love.
                Arun

Comment

Working...
                X