Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to creat one mailbox that will be open by many users ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to creat one mailbox that will be open by many users ?

helloo

actually i have 2 questions in ms exchange 2003

1- how to configure "keep copy of messages on server " for users in my local exchange server ?

2- how to creat one mailbox that will be open by many users ?

i have windows 2003 domain and ms exchange server 2003

regards

khaled

Re: how to creat one mailbox that will be open by many users ?

If you can give some more information we should be able to answer your quetions without too many assumptions

Assuming, if you are using Outlook as the client and setup a MAPI profile, so not using POP3, providing the Outlook profile is set up correctly, which is the default behaviour when first setting up, emails wll remain on the Exchange server.

With regards to the mailbox to be opened by many users, you coull set those users Full Control permission to the mailbox and then the users can add the mailbox to their local Outlook MAPI profile. If you want them to reply as themselves, nothing more required t odo. If you want them to repl as if it is from the shared mailbox, you would need to set the 'SEND AS' permission and to have their name shown and the comment 'sent on behalf of 'the name of the mailbox', you would set the 'send on behalf of' permission and grant it to their user account.

These properties are set via the AD properties providing the Exchange admin pack has been installed, so will probably be configurable on your Exchange server.

Comment

Working...
    X