Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure generic user to only recieve email

Just like the title says.

We need to set up a kiosk type PC for workers - to eliminate printing off "All Staff Emails" - but I cannot find a way to do this on the net - google has let me down!

So we want the generic user to recieve email, but not the ablity to send or reply to email (for obvious reasons!).

Cheers

Re: Configure generic user to only recieve email

never tested it but you should be able to set a per user send limit of 0 to limit sending ability.

Comment

Tried that - even with a send limit of 1 KB no dice...

Wondering if an AD group needs to be setup?

Comment

Maybe try removing the Send As permission from the user object. You'll have to disable permissions inheritance to do this though.

Comment

You could give this a try.

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1283448&page=1

Comment

I have mucked around and have come up with a very simple solution!

In AD under "exchange General" -> "Delivery Options" -> "Recipient Limits" -> change radio button to "Maximum recipients" set number to 0

User(s) get a error message that they have exceeded the number of recipients, but I can live with that.

I might look at a reg hack or five to hide the Outlook Reply, Forward and Reply to all (I know I can hide it from the tool bar as well).

Comment

Good way of doing it. Resolves it for you and at the end of the day, won't be a nuisance to users as they should already know the policy. They are not permitted to send emails. So they should never really know. If only it was ever that simple.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X