Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possibel to use MFCMAPI.exe on IIS without Exchange?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possibel to use MFCMAPI.exe on IIS without Exchange?

Hi
    I'm trying to get the bottom of a problem that started on our internal smart host running Windows 2003 R2 Sp2, IIS etc.

The SMTP service stopped this morning for no apparent reason (nothing in event logs). I proceeded to start the service again manually. The SMTP service started correctly. It then started to send out a duplicate email sent the previous day containing our monthly report to around 1000 of our clients.

Its not the first time it has sent duplicate emails again after a restart of either the service or complete server. This time though i have time to look into the problem.

I came across the greylisting threads and temp folder issue with exchange but it seems to be happening with the IIS service on the 'non exchange' smart host we have. I found the Mfcmapi.exe tool to Delete the TempTable in exchange and feel it might be a similar issue with IIS but can't use the tool on IIS with Exchange.

Does anyone have an idea if IIS (without Exchange) has the same issue with the TempTable as Full Exchange does and if so how do i clear the Tables?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possibel to use MFCMAPI.exe on IIS without Exchange?

The IIS SMTP service does not use databases or tables, it uses folders. Look in the Inetpub\mailroot folder for the messages.

Comment

Re: Is it possibel to use MFCMAPI.exe on IIS without Exchange?

Hi joeqwerty.
      Thanks for your reply.

Ok thats clear and apparantly restarting the SMTP service on IIS only can cause the same issue as with exchange.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X