Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching AD for an email address

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to create a new email address. When I try and associate a particular email address to an existing user, it complains that the address already exists in AD. When I do a search in ADUC for the email adress it does not find any entries.

The question I have is; does any know how to search for a particular email address from within AD?

Thanks

W2k3 AD or W2k?
    You need to find one e-mail on the entire domain. The result will be the user name.
    You should have a rule for the creation of user accounts
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

if you simply enter the email address into the search, all you are searching for are primary smtp addresses.
      if that address you are searching for isn't a primary one, you will need to fine-tune your search under the "advanced" tab.
      Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Just open outlook create a new email and type the email address in the To field, then press Ctrl + K

This will resolve to whoever has that email address.

topper.
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper
          Just open outlook create a new email and type the email address in the To field, then press Ctrl + K

This will resolve to whoever has that email address.

topper.
          That trick will be good if that particular e-mail address was posted in the past
          MCSE w2k
          MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
          MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Posted in the Past ???

That "trick" will resolve the email address using the GAL not the local "cache" on previously used email address'.

He posted on the Exchange forum and is talking about Email address within AD so one could presume he is using exchange, which by default has a global GAL.

topper.
            * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

i had an issue like that once, too.
              i also resolved the address through the GAL but it would still not show me whom it belonged to.
              in the end one our guys from the exchange team found out that it belonged to a public folder.
              Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Working...
              X