Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSG problem

Sirs,
    I have 2 BE in active/passive MS Cluster.
    Backup was done on node1, node2 was active then.
    Then node1 was set active. RSG was created on node 1 and restore was tried on node1.
    When I used ntbackup to restore the database, got this error;
    "The specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or its Microsoft Exchange services are not started".
    I checked this info; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.65).aspx
    The exchange IS is running. RSG has not been mounted, no log files and database files created yet. RSG has red downward arrow."This database can be overwritten by a restore" box checked in RSG database.
    These are the names I used for storage groups and databases ;
    original:First Storage Group, Mailstore ( Exchange )
    RSG :Recovery Storage Group, Mailboxstore ( Exchange )
    In "choose database server & restore option" dialog box, I tried with Exchange VES IP, VES FQDN, node1's name. All gave the same error message.
    If I chose WINS name of the VES, I got "pathname entered is not valid". "OK" button was unavailable when I tried to choose other servers names in "my network places". I can choose only the WINS name of node1 but got ""The specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or its Microsoft Exchange services are not started".
    When I checked in event log; found this error message;
    Sourc:kerberos
    event id:4
    The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/node1.mydomain.net. The target name used was EXCHANGE. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm ( mydomain ), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.
    Then I checked this info; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(printer).aspx
    I run the LDP on AD and no duplicate SPN were found.
    I got no luck in trying again after deleting and creating the RSG. I re-created RSG at different directory than the first ( but same RSG,database names ). I got the same error.
    To test RSG, I mounted it, dismounted it. Run eseutil to make sure of clear shutdown, removed log and chk files and tried the Restore again. Still no sucess.
    Now, I suspect it has something to do with cluster.I am thinking of setting node2 active and trying again.
    Please advise ways to test and troubleshoot.
    Thanks in advance.
    Respects,
    mt

Re: RSG problem

Sirs,

I still got no luck. I removed the RSG totally. Then, I created a test SG with test db on node1. Then, run NTBackup to back it up. Backup was success. Then, I dismount the test db, set 'can be overwritten by a restore' checked. Then, I tried a restore without sucess.
    When I chose 'WINS name of VES', got 'invalid path'. When I chose WINS name of node1, FQDN of VES, got 'The specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or ' message.

Please give more advice to help me.

Resepcts,
    mt

Comment

Working...
    X