Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actvesync to exchange 2003 will sync mail and contacts but not calendar.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actvesync to exchange 2003 will sync mail and contacts but not calendar.

Hey guys,
    I've been running Exchange activesync on the company cellphones for a while, got in to some trouble with the server - changed some stuff and now activesync will sync email and contacts but not the calendar. I cannot go in to detail exactly what I changed since it was a lot of changing/testing before I had it back up again.

So, does anyone know where to look? I think its kind of odd that everything works but the calendar...

Thanks!
    A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Re: Actvesync to exchange 2003 will sync mail and contacts but not calendar.

You can select what syncs with ActiveSync maybe calendar is not selected?

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...hange2003.html
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Check the Exchange Server Application event logs.
      If you are getting Server Active Sync errors with Event ID: 3005 and a message of "Unexpected Exchange Mailbox Server error: Server: [%yourexchangeserver%] User:[%user%]: HTTP status code:[500]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox server is working correctly." You will need to reset the default virtual directories for OWA, OMA, and Exchange ActiveSync services.

Check out the MS how to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380

Comment

Hey guys, made a small step forward. I noticed that I can sync the calendar if I first go to the calendar properties (in the Outlook 2003 client) and change Permissions for "Default" from None to Owner. (maybe some lower security settings also enable sync)

So I tried to add myself as a calendar user and set my permissions for the calendar to Owner - but that did not work. That leads me to believe that, when synchronizing the phone, the log on information is lost somewhere on the way.

This was just an update, still worling on it. If anyone has seen this before, please post a comment.

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

ExBPA show anything? permissions as well as health?
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            ExBPA show anything? permissions as well as health?
            It had some issues, which I will have to address, but nothing that I think would cause everything in the phones to sync except the download of calendar information. (i know my footer sais assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups)

There seem to be an issue about permissions. If I set default permission to read on my calendar it'll download the updates... is there a global security setting that might have been modified?

Comment

SetPerm maybe?
              http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/20...sions-in-bulk/

Only a guess as to how to change it
              What were you doing before this happened is probably a good question!
              cheers
              Andy

Comment

Working...
              X