"You do not have permission to send to this recipient"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"

Hi, we are having issues sending mail to 1 domain. We send the email to them and within less than a minute we get an NDR that states:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.<us.mail.com #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 user@them.com: Relay access denied>

When I look at our smtp relay logs for this domain they say:

17:05:47 216.99.99.99 - - 0

As the administrator I have tried to send mail to this domain as well as the user who is having the issue. We both get this error message. The IT person for the other domain said that we were listed on their white list. So they should not be blocking it. I can't find anything on why the email isn't going through. We had been of a few blacklists a few months ago, however we cleared those up within a day of it happening. I've double and triple checked the blacklists and we aren't on any of them.

What else should I be checking?

Thanks!

Re: &quot;You do not have permission to send to this recipient&quot;

Have you done an NsLookup for the recipient domain? Just a guess but if your DNS is resolving to a previous DNS entry for them.com, this could be causing your Relay access denied and permissions error.

Comment

Re: &quot;You do not have permission to send to this recipient&quot;

I just tried NSlookup and it is resolving the right DNS info. So, I guess that isn't it.

Comment

Working...
      X