Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk change Primary SMTP address

Hello,

I'm trying to bulk modify about 1500 primary SMTP addresses from @ABC.COM to @abc.com. I've been able to export the list of mail accounts from AD successfully. I plan on modifying the primary SMTP address using sn, givenName. The problem I'm having is that a good number of the attributes to be used (~400) have different values for sn, givenName. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Bulk change Primary SMTP address

What do you mean "they have different values"? Aren't they all different? Surname, GivenName should be different for each user.

Comment

Maybe it would be possible to use ADModify?

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/A...ttributes.html
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I've used ADModify to do this, but I don't understand the statement that the attributes have different values. Of course they do.

Comment

I with you on that one Joe!
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Let me make it more simple. Is it possible to bulk modify the Primary SMTP address for a list of users in order to change the domain from @ABC.com to @abc.com?

Comment

Yes. You can do this with ADModify.

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for the info about ADModify. Now that I know that ADModify can do what I need to accomplish, the issue I'm running into is that the mail attribute does not match some of the entries for givenName, sn, etc. I'm essentially looking for a simple way to bulk modify the proxyaddress attribute for all mail-enabled accounts without baseing it off a variable.

Comment

Are you saying your users don't conform to something like firstname.surname or firstinitial3lettersof surname etc?

I can only guess as to why but do you really have problems with email addresses being in upper case?

EDIT:
                  Also if you want to be particularly awkward you could use something like this
                  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318774/
                  Maybe using a windows version of SED to edit the file correctly (or maybe a scripting guru can think of a slightly better way?)

I had to do this to remove NOTES addresses so I'm sure it can be modified.
                  Last edited by AndyJG247; 2nd February 2009, 23:09.
                  cheers
                  Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X