e-mail retention - Best Practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail retention - Best Practice

How e-mail retention is implemented in your company?
    Are you using any 3rd party software?

I'm doing this:
    • Server side Mailbox policy
    • 45 days items age
    • Special folder for exceptions per mailbox
    • Special public folder for exceptions
    • 500M size

Anyone doing similar thing?

Thanks,
    Vojin

Re: e-mail retention - Best Practice

We use Symantec Enterprise Vault, one of our core services is providing email archiving and so naturally we use it for internal mail as well.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Symantec Enterprise Vault is good, as is Zantaz EAS from what I have seen and used. You can also do things like file archiving as well as an added benefit. Have around 3 TB in EAS currently although looking to move that to EV.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi vojinle,

My name is Steven and I work for IBM in our business development department. I was reading your post and wanted to just give you an option you can look at from IBM. I would suggest looking into IBM Content Collector for Email. This will allow you to archive and manage your emails better and more efficiently. Here is some information and links you can have a look at to see if this is something you might want to consider.

http ://www-01 .ibm. com /software/data/content-management/content-collector-email

ftp ://ftp.software .ibm. com /software/data/ECM/compliance/cca-datasheet.pdf

I hope this helps you with looking into this project for email management and archival. If you have a question feel free to email me anytime at [email protected] or send me a private message and I will do my best to help you.

Cheers,
        Steven
        Last edited by danielp; 5th February 2009, 21:22.

Comment

Hi,

There are a lot of them available. Refer: http://www.msexchange.org/software/E...hive-&-Storage. Check and try !!

I have used EMC EmailXTender, and it is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
          X