my iphone stopped sincying with exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my iphone stopped sincying with exchange 2003

Hey guys this is my first post. My iphone 3g was doing great but then my companyys server were updated. It used to be smtp.xxxx.com and now they changed ti mail.xxxxx.com. When I changed that in my iphone I get the message cannot connect to server and I lost all my contacts, calendars etc. Can anyone help me out there? Regards
    kauffman

Re: my iphone stopped sincying with exchange 2003

I would contact your IT staff, as they may have made more changes in the background that you don't know about.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dunno how things are done on the iPhone, but a change of server name would require a new certificate to be installed on a Windows Mobile device that matches the new server name.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

If it is a public cert then the root certs are generally already on there so it shouldn't necessarily be the case. I would have to say I think I agree with Wired on this one. If the name has changed they have probably done other things as well. I know I hardly get time to do things so everything is done over 1 or 2 weekends a month.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Nope, cruachan is right. If the server name has been changed and a new cert for mail.xxxxx.com has been installed on the server, and the URL is now mail.xxxxx.com then the cert for smtp.xxxxx.com on the iPhone is invalid.

Comment

The cert doesn't have to be on the phone though. As long as it is valid?
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Is it a self-signed cert? Have you tried recreating the account on the iPhone?

Comment

Working...
              X