Privacy cocerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy cocerns

Hey, first of all, great site and forum! I am very new to exchange 2003 stuff. My main cocern that me and my co worker are both admins and we just found out that we could read everyone's emails including us if you open the log begins with E**** under the folder name MDBDATA. How do you prevent from any admin to snoop everyone's email messages including me on those logs? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    ABE

Admin positions are roles of trust. If you cannot trust your admin then he or she shouldn't be an admin.

The logfiles are the files where Exchange stores its data before committing it to the database. The MDBDATA folder is where the logfiles and database are stored, and should not be made accessible to users, not over the LAN and shurely not locally (what are your users doing on a server? They should have had access to it in the first place...).

In anyway, you can deny access to these files to people you don't want to be able to open them, however beware not to deny too much so your Exchange server won't fail.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X