Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Active Directory and Global address list

Hi!
    Maybe someone can help me. I create a new user or group in AD but it is not listed on Global active list (The Exchange server is installed on the same machine). The user or group is listed there only for tomorrow morning. What can I do to make the changes on AD to be listed in Global address list immediatlly?

providing there are no problems with your setup\config the changes should appear relatively quickly.

A quick way to force it is to rebuild your GAL through exchange system manager.

topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper
      providing there are no problems with your setup\config the changes should appear relatively quickly.

A quick way to force it is to rebuild your GAL through exchange system manager.

topper
      ..... unless you're Outlook clients have Cached-mode enabled.

In that case, the clients only check for a new Offline address book every 24hrs. They can force a download via the "Send and Receive" functions.

You should also increase the schedules for updates of the Exchange server offline address book via the Receipient section in ESM - as this is the one downloaded by the client.

If you don't need offline access, I think there is a further workaround to get it to work without users having to do anything.

-Nick

Comment

Working...
      X