Add message to ALL outgoing emails on Exchange2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add message to ALL outgoing emails on Exchange2000

Can someone tell me if it's possible to add a message (kind of disclaimer) at the end of every outgoing email, without external software ?
    I've read some articles about event sink and possibilities with GFI (mailessentials), but I wonder if we could succeed without any 3th party software ?
    To add a message underneath every email which was sent outside the company ?
    Is there a standard option within Exchange ?
    We are planning to migrate to Exchange 2003, is there an option in it, which is not on Exch.2000 ?

Greetings,
    many thanks in advance !
    Jo

As far as I am aware it's not possible, you can use SMTPEvent Sink's to modify outgoing SMTP email, but this does not apply when you send via Outlook (or any other MAPI client), as the message is not in SMTP format.

You maybe able to get round this by installing a 2nd relay, your primary exchange server relays to your 2nd relay (just an ordinary SMTP server), which has the EventSink registered.

But it's probably cheaper to buy 3rd party products.

topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

just found this which may explain better than I can !!

http://support.microsoft.com/default...oduct=exch2003

topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Or buy eXclaimer which is quite cheap and can even add different messages for different people (using AD!).

We use it and it's fab!
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X