Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP and exchange mailbox manager

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with an LDAP query which i want to use in a mailbox manager process.

1 of our clients has a whole load of users set up which send autoresponses out and then forward the mail to particular mailboxes.

the response is done by a server side rule, it basically has the server reply with a certain message then redirects the mail to the required mailbox.

This works fine, but the mailboxes get out of control, size wise after 6 months or so.

I am trying to add a mailbox manager process which will scan the responder mailboxes and delete any messages older than 30 days. The recipient policy is fine but my LDAP query to select users in a group is not working.

(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=CN=ExchangeCleanupT est,OU=MyBusiness,DC=transpeed,DC=local)

Anyone got any idea's?

Cheers

Chris

Re: LDAP and exchange mailbox manager

Hi,

Can you check do you have updated sp2 for exchange 2003. There is possibilty of this kind of issue if server has exchange 2003 sp1.

If not then update with sp2 and bounce exchange services.

Anil

Comment

Complete shot in the dark, until an expert shows up, as I'm no good wth ldap queries but I don't like the look of the "erOf=CN=Exc" bit (i.e. two equals like that.
      Can you try putting quote around it plus is your exchange cleanup test really a CN not an OU?

(objectCategory=user)(memberOf="OU=ExchangeCleanup Test,OU=MyBusiness,DC=transpeed,DC=local")

Edit just tried that and it doesn't work either sorry.

Edit2: Have a read of this too " http://www.petri.com/ldap_search_sam...d_exchange.htm "
      Last edited by AndyJG247; 11th January 2009, 15:22.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by transpeed View Post
        Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a mailbox manager process which will scan the responder mailboxes and delete any messages older than 30 days. The recipient policy is fine but my LDAP query to select users in a group is not working.

Code:
        (objectCategory=user)(memberOf=CN=ExchangeCleanupTest,OU=MyBusiness,DC=transpeed,DC=local)
        Anyone got any idea's?

Cheers

Chris
        To combine all clauses that are in the query string, the string should start with (& and there for also closed with an extra ) .
        However, some LDAP GUI search tools will automatically add this to a defined query string. (it is no problem if added multple times though).

Furthermore, the search scope should be set to Subtree (to include subcontainers) and must start from the Domain root to be able to bind to and filter on the objects that are members of the group - and not just set the scope to search only in the OU of the Group object!

note,
        If there would be any commas or other by LDAP reserved characters or signs in the names of the objects or OUs, you'll have to use an escape sign in front of each of those characters

FYI
        If the group members list contain a mixure of various types of objects (user, computer, nested group, ect) and you just want the user objects, use:
        (objectCategory=person)(ObjectClass=user)

If you like to exclude the disabled accounts, use:
        (!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))

sample:
        Code:
        (&(objectCategory=person)(ObjectClass=user)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(memberOf=CN=ExchangeCleanupTest,OU=MyBusiness,DC=transpeed,DC=local))

\Rems
        Last edited by Rems; 12th January 2009, 11:01.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X