Finding users in a OU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding users in a OU

When adding a recipient policy, i need to find all users in a particular OU. Under the general tab of the recipient policy properties the modify button gives me the option to specify this critera. However, i can see no way of selecting exchange users in a particular OU. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
    ________
    easy vape reviews
    Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:40.

Don't think it possible, I've never actually tried though. You could create a group for each OU with the users in it and do it for the group membership.

topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Finding users in a OU

Would it be possible to create a custom LDAP query?
      ________
      Kawasaki KDX400A

Comment

You can do that with advance query, find users in specific OU with Field as "Exchange server" & Condition as "Present". This should work.

thx,

Comment

Finding users in a OU

Surely that would just return all users with an Exchange server, i dont see how it can limit the results to an ou.

I have my AD setup up to reflect my organisation ie an umbrella company at the top with several subsiduries all using the same email server, these subsiduries have their own OU and i wanted to use the recipient policy to give each ou its own email address. I know i could go into each users AD profile and add an attribute which i can then search on (ie department) but it seem crazy when they already are separated into OU's.

Thx
          ________
          herbal vaporizers

Comment

Working...
          X