Exchange 2003 OMA not working when additional NIC is enabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 OMA not working when additional NIC is enabled

A client has an Exchange 2003 server with a connection to the LAN (two NICs teamed) and another NIC connect to a SAN for CDP.

About 4-5 months ago I installed a new Exchange server, migrated everything over and decommissioned the old server. Everything went smoothly and has been working fine.
    The old Exchange server was running CDP software without an issue. Never installed the CDP software on the new server until two weeks ago (was using a normal tape backup and still am until we get the data synced off-site). After the CDP software was installed users said they weren't receiving mail on their phones. So the Monday after the install (it was installed on a Friday) I was troubleshooting it and I found that if I disable the iSCSI NIC OMA functions fine. If I enable the NIC it doesn't work and I get Event 1503 in the event log.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeOMA
    Event Category: (1000)
    Event ID: 1503
    Date: 12/8/2008
    Time: 11:14:54 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PJEX01
    Description:
    An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
    Message: Method not found: 'System.String System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_Passwo rd()'.
    Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.Preferencing
    Stack trace:
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.Preferencing.AdUserObject.g et_globalWirelessEnable()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.Preferencing.AdUserObject.g et_UserIsWirelesslyEnabled()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.Preferencing.OmaUserInfo.ge t_UserIsWirelesslyEnabled()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Sessio n_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Message: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.Prov iderException' was thrown.
    EventMessage:
    UserMessage: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.
    Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface
    Stack trace:
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Sessio n_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOn Start(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.Complet eAcquireState()
    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAc quireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep .System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute ()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Anyone encounter this before? Anyone know why the NIC is interfering with OMA?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Re: Exchange 2003 OMA not working when additional NIC is enabled

Which card is primary in the bindings?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Argh! I could kick myself. So simple. Yup. The iSCSI adapter was listed first in the bindings. I moved it down and that cleared up the issue.

Thanks Andy.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

No worries
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post: