Exchange Recovery Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Recovery Mode

I have a user who's Outlook 2003 has gone into Exchange Recovery mode. We did have an Exchange crash awhile back, and it seems he was overlooked.

I can tell that part of his email appears to be locally on his machine, and the other part on the exchange server.

What's the best way to recover in this kind of scenario? And I'm concerned out Contacts, and Calendars too.. The ultimate goal is to get everything back onto the Exchange Server.

Should I:

1) Move everything down into Archive Folder. Delete the Exchange account on his machine, then move everything back up?

2) Export to a PST, delete everything in the Exchange account and then reimport?

3)??

Thanks for any thoughts.
    David

Re: Exchange Recovery Mode

can you tell us if the users profile is configured with exchange cache mode.

if yes then look for a tool called ost to pst, just do a google there are a lot of tools available

then convert the ost file into pst. It will have an option of getting calendars contact and stuff too

then reconfigure the profile.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

The users profile in Outlook is set for cached mode.

Are there any free tools that do this? Everything that works for Outlook 2003 I'm finding is a paid piece. Since this is only one user, I'm not going to be able to get acct to let go of any funds for it..

Thanks
      David

Comment

I took the machine into offline mode. Did an export to a PST, and everything seems to be there. Can I now remove the Exchange Profile from their machine. Re add it.. Clear out anything that's in it.. Then import that pst file?

Thanks
        David

Comment

If you have the entire mailbox in a pst then importing will put it back on the server.If it was in cached mode then you will no doubt have duplicates when you import it back.I would remove the profile from the machine then add it again but not in cached mode.You will be working with an online version.Removing anything from this will also remove it from the server.Once its all back in you could switch back into cached mode.

Comment

Working...
          X