Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex2003, OWA and Global Access Lists Question

Setup : Exchange 2003 and OWA

If a user (domain user) logins in they can only see others in their OU, I would like them to be able to see everyone on the domain.

OU Setup
    Domain >
    Main > Myself and other admin acnts
    First > Group 1
    Second > Group 2
    etc..

I read the last post on how to prevent them from viewing other OU(s) and tried the reverse without success..

Thanks for you help.. first post here but have been reading for a while.

Hobie

Re: Ex2003, OWA and Global Access Lists Question

I'm assuming that when you say OU you mean address list. Is that correct? If so, have you looked at the address lists? Do you have an address list based on each OU? Is the Default Address list secured so that nobody has access to it? Please provide more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
      I read the last post on how to prevent them from viewing other OU(s) and tried the reverse without success..
      Can you post a link and explain what you have done as well please.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Sorry for the delay.. Here is some more information to help

Active Directory Structure

DOMAIN
        -- Security Group 1
        -- Security Group 2
        -- Security Group 3
        -- Security Group 4
        * groups are regional seperated (IE 1 = East, etc)

Under System Manager
        All Address Lists
        Domaina > (Preview works fine)
        Domainb > (no one in this domain yet)
        --- Domainb -- (looks fine in preview mode)
        (&(&(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectSid=*)(!samA ccountType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=3))(&(objectCat egory=person)(!objectSid=*))(&(objectCategory=grou p)(groupType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=14)))(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(home MDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory= person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group ) ))))
        ---

Some more details. My domain name is not the same as the Email domain names. I have two email domains.

The issue is my users sitting in Group 1 - 3 can only see others in their group, no one else.

My Admin account sits in group 4. I can see all users in the server (IE: group 1 through 4) via Outlook and OWA.

I would prefer to have all users be able to see all people in the domain regardless of email domain.
        ----
        All users regardless of group can email anyone, but they will not show up in the Global Address list to let them search.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X