No announcement yet.

reject mail if user in Active Directory

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reject mail if user in Active Directory

Hi All,

does any one know how to have exchange 2000 reject mail if the user is not in active directory. Getting a lot of mail from dictionary spammers with any name attached to my domain.

Thanks in advance

Not quite sure what actual problems you are having.

Email not addressed to someone will not get sent to them!! any email without a valid recipient (i.e. a user in AD) get's thrown to the postmaster. If you want to stop this then just don't setup a postmaster address, unless you are using a POP3 connector and throwing all mail into one inbox, in which case; you could put an anti-spam\virus filter in place, like messagelabs or CA secure content manager.

* Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

users not in AD

Thanks topper,

I was getting a bunch of spam directed at users which didn't have an AD account. Didn't realize I had set up the admin account as postmaster and thus mails were getting sent my way. I removed the postmaster account from admin properties so that should do it.

Like your quote.

You should still have a postmaster account setup though so people can e-mail your company with issues they may have with your e-mail server or users.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **