Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User is not able to forward emails with attachment which she receives from external c

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User is not able to forward emails with attachment which she receives from external c

Hi Experts,

One user complains that she is unable to forward attachements from customers to two of her colleagues and also to some customers. When she forwards a customer's email (with or without attachments) to her colleagues, or email copies of invoices to customers, she gets NDR reply. Whereas any documents that she has scanned from her dept copier/scanner machine to herself and she forwards these attachments/scanned documents to those two of her colleague, they have gone through.

Also attached are the NDR responses which she received while trying to reply to a customer's email or try sending an attachment (either invoices or a remit) to the customer.

Environment: Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003.

Steps I've taken: Asked the user to send those emails to some one else. Asked for the type of attachment she is trying to send.

I've attached few NDR reports for your reference. Please advice.

Thanks,
    Anupam
    Attached Files

Re: User is not able to forward emails with attachment which she receives from extern

Does message tracking show anything?
    What AV/AS do you have on the server/clients?
    Is she trying to send as another account?
    Have you tried logging on and trying the task on another machine?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: User is not able to forward emails with attachment which she receives from extern

Ok buddy here is the action plan

I am assuming it's an external email address.

1 First send the test email without attachments using outlook client
      what happens ??
      Success / Failure

2 Send with an attachment using outlook client
      make sure u have a correct email address. Outlook 2003 has a feature called auto complete. Clear up nk2 files

i was looking in ndr however i didn't find any ndr code like 5.x.x 0r 4.x.x

I also found this
      MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=net/DC=invitrogen/DC=ads:FRD01EXCMBX01

ideally you shud have an email address here, anyways

Try out the step two

let me know what happens success / failure

2 Try forwarding with OWA and check the results

3. If it doesn't work check if the any other is able to send that particular user an email or not

4 If the receiving server has any kind of restriction which i assume don't as she's able to send the scan docs too.

5 Last but not least take an ldp dump of both the effected user and a working user and use windiff to compare them. Seeing this
      MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=net/DC=invitrogen/DC=ads:FRD01EXCMBX01

i feel like some attribute might be messed up.
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Hi

When [email protected] tries to forward emails (received from [email protected]) to her colleagues [email protected] or [email protected], she gets those attached NDRs. Also when [email protected] tries to reply back to mails sent by [email protected], she gets those weired NDR.

=> Mails leaving for Remote.com, don't get filtered by Sprint (Anti-spam), only incoming mails from remote.com get filtered by Sprint. Also, while internal mail communication there is no Anti-spam coming into picture (in our company).
        => There is ISA server in the DMG zone, but it checks only secured emails (https).
        => We do have Anti-virus software (Symantec) which works together ith Exchange 2003 boxes, but what role does it play in this scenario, I am not sure about that.
        => Correct. But ISA firewall is only for secured mail communication. When a user is in office, he/she uses Outlook and hence INTERNET > Anti-Spam > EXCHANGE SMTP Server > EXCHANGE MAILBOX Server.

We have Symantec AV, but I am not sure as how does it work together with Exchange boxes. Let me know what I need to check in AV settings?

This is happening to her and that too when mails are related to that domain.

Please let me know if u need more information.

Thanks
        Anupam

Comment

Hi Andy,

Does message tracking show anything? I m checking that now.
          What AV/AS do you have on the server/clients? Symantec/Sprint
          Is she trying to send as another account? No, she is using her ID
          Have you tried logging on and trying the task on another machine? She can't use other's PC as all the PCs are encrypted. I asked her to use OWA she is yet to reply back.

Please let me know if want more information on tht.

Thanks,
          Anupam

Comment

Working...
          X