Can't Modify Exchange 2003 Virtual Server in ESM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Modify Exchange 2003 Virtual Server in ESM

A few days ago I moved my company Exchange 2003 Server to a new ocation with new IP's. Ever since, none of our Windows Mobile users can sync and while trying to figure out the problem, I found that I can't modify Authentication settings for the Exchange Virtua Server in ESM.
    To top things off, incomming email is now stagnent and no error messages in Event Viewer.

I have the following config;

Windows 2003 Server Std SP2
    Exchange 2003 Ent Server SP2
    Forms Based Authentication with alternate Exchange VDIR for Mobile Sync
    Private SSL Cert

I have since tried KB 215383
    I have deleted the virtual directories in IIS & MetaEdit and recreated them
    I have reloaded Exchange SP2

I pretty much desperate at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can't Modify Exchange 2003 Virtual Server in ESM

Have you checked what ip address the web components and smtp server is set to listen on after changing ip addresses? Do you have your NAT and Service rules set up on your firewall with the new ip addresses?

Comment

Are the settings greyed out or do you change them but they don't hold?
      Can youpost a screenshot?

Were there any addiitonal steps you took aside from changing IP addresses?

Have you applied post SP2 updates after re-applying SP2?

Can you change settings from a workstation with ESM on it rather than from the Exchange box?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Have you checked what ip address the web components and smtp server is set to listen on after changing ip addresses? Do you have your NAT and Service rules set up on your firewall with the new ip addresses?
        Yes. I have verified the IP address under all Exchange VDir's. The NAT rules are working as mail flows through and there is access to the default web page.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
          Are the settings greyed out or do you change them but they don't hold?
          Can youpost a screenshot?

Were there any addiitonal steps you took aside from changing IP addresses?

Have you applied post SP2 updates after re-applying SP2?

Can you change settings from a workstation with ESM on it rather than from the Exchange box?
          The settings in ESM are greyed out. - I have attached a PrintScrn below.

Once I fount that Active Sync wasnt working, I applied the Kerberos fix in KB215383 and I deleted and recreated the exchange directories.

I haven't applied the Post SP2 RollUp and will do so now and post my results.

I haven't tried modifying from a workstation, I typically logon to the server and do my work there. Not the best practice I know. LOL.
          Attached Files

Comment

Try creating a new account that isn't a member of any other group aside from the local admins of the box and then use the delegate control wizard to give it rights to Exchange. See if this suffers the same problems.
            If it does, then check inheritance is working on the server
            If you haven't already as well, run the ExBPA in permissions mode (the health one too) to see what it throws up.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks AndyJG247,

I have applied a couple of the post sp2 updates with no improvement.

I will create a new user and post the results.

I do think however, that either inheritance is brokn or IIS Metabase is corrupt because although I can browse via a pc to http://servername/oma or any other site on the server itself via a PC browser, with a WM device I just get "HTTP ERROR: $CODE$".

Comment

OK, I've run ExBPA with no adverse results, and I have tried creating another user again with no joy.

Mail has begun to flow through normally again, but I still can't get my mobile users to sync over the air.

I can't for the life of me figure this one out!
                Last edited by edvinh; 10th December 2008, 19:19. Reason: typo

Comment

Since I wasn't able to resolve the issue, I migrated to a new box running EX2k7. I am sure to have issues with that one as well.

Thanks for all your help. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Working...
                  X