Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up a new shared mailbox with an existing email address which is a dist list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a new shared mailbox with an existing email address which is a dist list

Hello

I am setting up a new mailbox but I am going to be using the email address from an existing dist list.

How will this impact the email address will the email arrive in the new mailbox and go out to the users in the dist list as well ?

The reason I am creating a mailbox is because the volume of emails is too much for a dist list. The user is wondering what will happen if the two email addresses exist in a dist list and a mailbox.

Thanks for you help people.

We are using exchange2003

Re: Setting up a new shared mailbox with an existing email address which is a dist li

Email addresses are unique. You can't do it.
    You could have the email address on the mailbox and set it to also copy the dist list on another email address however this would mean all emails to that mailbox (including any other addresses) would be copied to the dist list.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Setting up a new shared mailbox with an existing email address which is a dist li

Yeah, when you try to add that SMTP to that new mailbox, it will tell you that it already exists in the organization.

I would probably just axe that whole distro group and put that SMTP on the new mailbox. Call the mailbox something very similar to the distro group. Just make sure that all the people that are in the distro list have access to the new box.

Comment

Working...
      X