Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to configure Exchange Server 2003 for sending and Receiving E-mails.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure Exchange Server 2003 for sending and Receiving E-mails.

hi,
    I have installed Exchange Server 2003 on member server using windows 2003 server for testing purpose.My domain name is "test.local" .I want to sent and received e-mails locally.Please any one guide me how can i do it or any web sites from where i may learn the complete procedure

thanks
    mypass

Re: How to configure Exchange Server 2003 for sending and Receiving E-mails.

Google is a pretty good website for learning how to do pretty much anything.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ins...+exchange+2003
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

hi mypass604

first thing is you have to enable mail boxes to users. for enabling mail boxes to users execute the following steps:
      open active directory users and computers in exchange server-> right click on user name-> click on exchange tasks-> click next and finish. by default mailid will be in this format [email protected]

After that open internet explorer type the following address for accesing the web page http://hostname.domainname/exchange. hostname is your exchange server name and domain name is your domain name like test.local.
      and then press enter, it will ask for authentication enter username and password that which you want to login.

you can create outlook profile too.

i think this will help you. if you want more info regarding this, please let me know.

cheers
      gowtham

Comment

Originally posted by mypass604 View Post
        hi,
        I have installed Exchange Server 2003 on member server using windows 2003 server for testing purpose.My domain name is "test.local" .I want to sent and received e-mails locally.Please any one guide me how can i do it or any web sites from where i may learn the complete procedure

thanks
        mypass
        If you can send internally, but not externally, i think you need to go to Exchange System Manager, right click First Organization (Exchange), and run Internet mail wizard.
        Best regards,
        Carsten.

Comment

Working...
        X