No announcement yet.

Exchange 2k3 on 2k Box

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2k3 on 2k Box

We have Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server and were wanting to upgrade the Exhchange to 2003 on that box. I have found some articles on the upgrade on the Win 2000 server, but the question is will we be able to use ActiveSync while using that 2000 server with 2003 exchange?

The server is not a DC just a member server, we have a free upgrade to 2003 Exchange so that is why we want to implement it. If not we are going to get a new server with Exchange 2007. But we would like to go this route first if possible. Thanks
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Re: Exchange 2k3 on 2k Box

Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 - while it can be done, it isn't something I would recommend. Put it on Windows 2003. If you are considering the move to Exchange 2007 then you will need at least Windows 2003 to deploy that. Windows 2000 is a nine year old product and should be dropped as soon as possible.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Exchange 2k3 on 2k Box

Better Setup a lab environment and then check this is the way i do it. But you never know when things break so that's why lab environment are best to check out all these things when not sure
      Thanks & Regards

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points